Saturday, July 2, 2011

EDCI 5825 Assignment Week 6

Google Reader is an excellent way to organize websites that utilize an RSS feed. In this way, you only have to go to one website (google reader) to see updates from your favorite websites and blogs. Google reader is an excellent resource for educators especially if the use of a blog is required for a class. Teachers can keep track of the students blogs in one place instead of having to visit the blogs one by one.


I enjoyed reading the blog posts created by classmates. Google reader allowed me to easily browse through all of my classmate's blog posts from the past couple of weeks. Since I knew already what I wrote for the assignments, it was very interesting to read through their posts to see their thoughts and opinions on the various blog assignments we completed. One idea that stood out to me while reading my classmates blog posts was a comment from Sheri for our learning theories class (EDCI 5065). For this class, every week we reflect on certain aspects on what makes students learn and we post them to our blogs. I identified very strongly with this post from Sheri: "If a teacher sincerely cares about her students then successful learning can occur. Emotion links closely with cognitive development and if there is a caring concerned environment then students will be more likely to be intrinsically motivated." Through these past couple weeks I have realized the importance of intrinsic motivation as will provide a more meaningful learning experience for students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment